Kitchen Smallwares

Posted On Nov 20 2014 by

Kitchen smallwares are not known under than name universally by all foodservice operators or even distributors. Some call them “kitchen tools,” “implements,” or “utensils,” although for many cooks, utensils mean just pots and pans. Whatever they are called, kitchen smallwares are the tools that the kitchen crew use to prepare food, from the can opener to the carving knife and serving spoon. Smallwares include a broad range of totally unrelated items, except that each is involved in the preparation of food in some manner. Some are maintenance tools, such as griddle scrapers or oven brushes. Others are used only in …