With the development of technology, we have made our lives better with the help of many kinds of modern household appliances. In the kitchen, we have so many choices in kitchen device especially when you choose the cookware set for cooking.
At first, the cookware sets are made from common metal with simple shapes just to meet the requirements of the cooks. After several decades, the materials as well as the styles have changed so as not only to serve better but also reduce the bad effect from the materials to the users. Among those products, nonstick and stainless steel are the main features that are often put into consideration for the best quality.
So what should you choose? A top rated nonstick cookware set or a new model stainless steel set? We’ll find out with the help of the information in this post.
- How Can Nonstick Cookware Help You In The Kitchen?
Basically, nonstick cookware are normal kitchen utensils such as pans and pots coated with a thin layer of Teflon on the outside and some other chemicals so as to prevent food from sticking to the surface of the cookware and make them easier to clean. Below are some opinions about the reasons why nonstick cookware plays an important part in the kitchen.
- The first reason is about the price. In some cases, you can invest a large amount of money to buy luxury cookware made by ceramic or other types of expensive metal, but if you are not the one who has money to burn, nonstick cookware is definitely the best choice.
- With the same amount of food, nonstick cookware helps you to cook them better than regular type of cookware because the heat is transmitted better and take less time to be heated up.
- You need less oil to cook when using cookware with nonstick layer. You don’t even have to use oil sprayer, just a little amount of natural oil or grease is fine.
- Nonstick cookware is considered one of the best inventions in order to save time cleaning and washing. You don’t have to worry too much about dirty spots stacking up on sides of your pans or some brown color areas appearing inside your pots with the help of nonstick coating.
- What Are The Problems With Nonstick Cookware?
Every coin has two sides. Beside all the good things you can get when using the nonstick cookware, there are some issues you have to deal with:
- If you use pointy or sharp objective to cook, you might leave some scratches on the surface of your coating layer. It has no effects at the beginning but through time, we might have some big problems to deal with.
- The durability of nonstick cookware can’t be long even if you use it with care. It can only last for 1 to 2 years before having to be replaced or fixe
- The heat sometimes is uneven and too quick to cook anything. That’s because of the features of nonstick layer. To avoid this, you have to learn at least basic things when using nonstick cookware.
- The chemicals in the air and the food are toxic and harmful to our health. This is the most arguing problems not only to customers but for the manufacturers as well.
- What About Stainless Steel Cookware?
Stainless steel is another option when you need to choose the material for the kitchen. There are some advantages of the stainless steel cookware that you can have when buying a set:
- Better heat with required temperature and evenly distributed.
- The cookware can be used inside the oven or microwave. In addition, you don’t need any time in to wash them be your hand because the cookware made from stainless steel can be washed with simple buttons from the dishwasher.
- If you are a person who loves your kitchen, I’m very sure that you will take a very good care of the cookware set. If it is made from the stainless steel, it can be used for many years.
- The steel are very shiny if you know how to polish. It’s another advantage of stainless steel cookware.